Visitation is allowed only during the day from 10am until 3:30pm by appointment only. Visit duration will be for a maximum of 30 minutes. Visits will be limited to outdoor areas when possible. Other visits will take place in the South Lounge on the 1st floor.
All visitors will be screened as outlined in the following passages.
All personal contact is forbidden. Visitors are requested to practice social distancing, observe
floor markings and to wear a mask at all times.
We allow for visitors (including peer bridgers and care managers) only if:
1. Limited to Individuals 13 and older or as allowed by Administrator.
2. Adequate staff are present to allow for personnel to help with the transition of residents, monitoring of visitation, and cleaning and disinfecting visitation areas after each visit.
3. The ACF maintains signage regarding facemask utilization and hand hygiene practices and uses applicable floor markings to cue social distancing delineations.
4. Visitors will be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 prior to resident access and are refused access if they exhibit any symptoms or do not pass the screening questions. Screening must consist of both temperature checks and asking screening questions to assess potential exposure to COVID-19 which shall include questions regarding international travel or travel to other states designated under the Commissioner’s travel advisory. The facility will maintain documentation of the screening questions asked onsite and make it available upon the Department’s request.
5. Documentation of visitor screening will be maintained onsite in an electronic format at the main entrance and available upon the Department’s request for purposes of inspection and potential contact tracing. Documentation will include the following for each visitor or representative of the long-term care ombudsman program (LTCOP) to the ACF:
- First and last name of the visitor;
- Physical (street) address of the visitor;
- Daytime and evening telephone number;
- Date and time of visit;
- Email address if available; and
- A notation indicating the individual cleared the screening (both temperature and questions) that does not include any individual temperatures or other individual specific information.
6. Areas where visitors and residents meet are appropriately disinfected between visitations using an EPA-approved disinfectant.
7. There is adequate PPE to ensure residents wear a facemask or face covering during visitation.
8. Visitors wear a face covering at all times. The facility will provide a facemask if the visitor shows up lacking a face covering.
9. Facilities provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer to visitors and residents, and staff demonstrate appropriate use.
10. Facilities establish additional guidelines as needed to ensure resident and staff safety and continuity of facility operations. Such guidelines shall include provisions for limiting the number of visitors at any one time and limited visitor hours to ensure all residents may have visitation.
11. Groups are limited to two people, maximum per visit.
12. Current COVID-19 positive residents, residents with COVID-19 signs or symptoms, and residents in a 14-day quarantine or observation period are not eligible for visits.